More than 100,000 in print!
An Early Start for Your Child with Autism
Using Everyday Activities to Help Kids Connect, Communicate, and Learn
I. Getting Started
1. Setting Up Your Child's Early Intervention Program
2. Taking Care of Yourself and Your Family
3. How Your Early Efforts Can Help Your Child Engage with Others and Boost Your Child's Learning
II. Everyday Strategies to Help Your Child Engage, Communicate, and Learn
4. Step into the Spotlight: Capturing Your Child's Attention
5. Find the Smile!: Having Fun with Sensory Social Routines
6. It Takes Two to Tango: Building Back-and-Forth Interactions
7. Talking Bodies: The Importance of Nonverbal Communication
8. “Do What I Do!”: Helping Your Child Learn by Imitating
9. Let's Get Technical: How Children Learn
10. The Joint Attention Triangle: Sharing Interests with Others
11. It's Playtime!
12. Let's Pretend!
13. Moving into Speech
14. Putting It All Together
Appendix. Toys and Books for Your Young Child with Autism