A proudly independent press, Guilford produces science-based books, journals, and digital content that support individual and societal well-being. We partner with world-renowned clinicians, educators, and researchers to distill their expertise into needed resources for readers around the world. Over decades, we have championed life-changing mental health treatments like CBT, DBT, ACT, and EMDR, as well as transformative perspectives in literacy, research methods, and psychological science, and pioneering journals like AIDS Education and Prevention.
Guilford makes a difference—for professionals providing evidence-based care, professors and K-12 educators and their students, general readers seeking guidance they can count on, and authors who entrust us with their work. Our publishing program is grounded in our strong ethical compass and our commitment to excellence.
At Guilford, we are dedicated to maintaining relationships with field-leading authors and advancing the next generation of treatment developers, educational innovators, and scientists. Our independence allows our book and journal editors to take risks and seek out work based on what's needed—not just the bottom line. We are committed to innovation in what we publish and how we get essential knowledge to the world—and to the old-fashioned hard work of writing, editing, and partnership building.
Let's Work Together
We've told you about us; now what can we do for you?
- Prospective authors: Find contact information and guidelines for submitting a book proposal.
- Professors: Request desk and examination copies of Guilford titles.
- Teachers and school leaders: View professional development recommendations and resources.
- Booksellers: Get sales contacts, ordering information, and more.
- Librarians: Find and order materials for your collection.
- Jobseekers: Learn about employment opportunities at Guilford.
- Clinicians and scholars: Explore our field-leading journals.
- Freebie lovers: Download bonus chapters, tips, and tools.
To get the latest Guilford news as well as exclusive offers, downloadable sample chapters, and more, sign up for emails in the interest areas of your choice. We'd be happy to add you to our print catalog mailing list. We also invite you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.