More than 125,000 in print!
Your Defiant Child
Eight Steps to Better Behavior
Sign up for emails on upcoming titles by Russell A. Barkley (with special discounts)!
The practical tools can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
I. Getting to Know Your Defiant Child
1. "Is Something Wrong with My Child?"
2. "Why Is This Happening to My Family?"
3. "What Should I Do about It?"
4. Words to Live By: The Foundation of Better Behavior
II. Getting Along with Your Defiant Child
5. Step 1: Pay Attention!
6. Step 2: Start Earning Peace and Cooperation with Praise
7. Step 3: When Praise Is Not Enough, Offer Rewards
8. Step 4: Use Mild Discipline—Time-Out and More
9. Step 5: Use Time-Out with Other Misbehavior
10. Step 6: Think Aloud and Think Ahead—What to Do in Public
11. Step 7: Help the Teacher Help Your Child
12. Step 8: Moving toward a Brighter Future