More than 350,000 in print!
The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide
What You and Your Family Need to Know
The practical tools can be downloaded and printed in PDF format.
I. The Experience and Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
2. Understanding the Experience of Bipolar Disorder
3. Into the Doctor’s Court: Getting an Accurate Diagnosis
4. “Is It an Illness or Is It Me?”: Coping with the Diagnosis
II. Laying the Foundation for Effective Treatment
5. Where Bipolar Disorder Comes From: Genetics, Biology, and Stress
6. What Medications and Psychotherapy Can Do for You
7. Coming to Terms with Your Medications
III. Practical Strategies for Staying Well
8. Tips to Help You Manage Moods
9. Heading Off the Escalation of Mania
10. Halting the Spiral of Depression
11. Overcoming Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings
12. For Women Only: What You Need to Know about Bipolar Disorder and Your Health
13. Succeeding at Home and at Work: Communication, Problem-Solving Skills, and Dealing Effectively with Stigma
14. “Does My Child Have Bipolar Disorder?”: How Would You Know and What Should You Do?
Resources for People with Bipolar Disorder